Popular posts from this blog
A Slave's Journey by Thomas
After an agonisingly long, wait we were dragged onto the huge vessel which would completely change our lives. The wooden goliath dominated the coastal harbour. The beautiful sea was calm unlike my heart which was racing as I realised there was no way back. However, I felt it would get worse even though my body was full to bursting with fear. I was right it got worse very soon as a hippo skin whip lashed down upon my aching back. Strapped tightly together me and my fellow slaves snaked round the perimeter of the splinter giving deck. The invincible fetters rubbed my skin red raw. The crew of doom stared at me for what felt like an age with their menacing eyes. They were doing the same thing to everybody to try and spot potential trouble makers. Plenty of the younger slaves were crying. I didn’t blame them. In the mist of the impossible heat we were forced to stand still. Finally, we were ordered to descend into the murky darkness. Descending from the bright A...
Fabulous work Juliette. I was very impressed with how you managed to transform what happened to the slaves into something that sounds almost benign. We know however that slavers did this so they could continue the very lucrative trade of Africans.
ReplyDelete